The Regional Meeting, headed by CAA VP Europe Region was held in Cyprus on on 31st July 2017. From left Christos Panayotides- Chair CAA Chair of Education, Vincent Cassar – President CAA, Christos Christodoulu – The President of CCEAA, Peter Oborn – CAA Vice President Europe Region, Elena Tsolakis -a member of RIBA Council, David Felice – a Council Member of Malta Chamber of Architects were participated.
The CAA’s status report, the current and planned activities had been taken up for discussions. The Issues of concern for the Member Organisations and possible areas for collaboration were identified as being of interest/concern to the three MO’s:
– Declining fee levels: and threats to scope of service
– Public sector procurement: and lack of interest in architectural quality
– Continuing professional development
– Building information modelling
– Demonstrating the value of design: eg awards, lectures, exhibitions
Prince’s Foundation for Building Community, Rapid Urbanisation Toolkit: Peter Oborn, CAA Vice President Europe Region confirms having arranged for architectural practice, Allies and Morrison, to provide resources to help document the ‘Rapid Urbanisation Toolkit which will be published sometime before CHOGM. The CAA and CAP have both been involved with development of the toolkit.